OUR CONTINUING INITIATIVE IS TO ALLOW YOUTH GROUPS AND TEAMS FROM INDIANA TO TAKE PART IN SHORT TERM MISSIONS AT THE DREAM CENTER IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, FULLY FUNDED BY THE JOSH LINDBLOM FOUNDATION. WHY THE DREAM CENTER IN LOS ANGELES
Our 2012 during our time spent in Los Angeles, our “Answer the Call” Programs raised over $15,000 for the Dream Center in Los Angeles. After spending many hours volunteering at the Dream Center with the staff and individuals there, we knew the Dream Center in LA would forever hold a special place in our hearts. The Dream Center completely transformed our hearts and passion for serving others through the love of Jesus Christ. No longer being in the Los Angeles area but still with the desire to share in the love of Christ, we want to provide funding and/or scholarships for those from our home state of Indiana and the city in which we play during season to experience the Dream Center as we did.
Our goal is to allow youth groups and teams to experience, learn and participate in the programs and outreaches that the Dream Center offers. We truly believe that by teaching and sharing what we have learned from the Dream Center, the Lord will use these missions as a means to further Gods loveand his kingdom.
WHAT IS THE DREAM CENTER??
A Dream of Changing Lives. Founded in 1994, The Dream Center is a volunteer driven organization that finds and fills the needs of up to 50,000 individuals and families each month. They do this together through mobile hunger relief and medical programs, residential rehabilitation programs for teens and adults, a shelter for victims of human trafficking, a transitional shelter for homeless families, foster care interventions, job skills training, life skills counseling, basic education, Bible studies and more. They equip others to serve.
The Dream Center’s record of success has attracted urban missionaries and Christian leaders from across the U.S. and the world. As they volunteer or intern with us, they gain insight and skills that they can take back to their own communities. The Dream Center offers a variety of programs, outreach and ministry opportunities.
The services and programs offered include:
- Residential rehabilitation programs for teens and adults
- Shelter for victims of human trafficking
- Transitional shelter for homeless families
- Mobile hunger relief and medical programs
- Foster care intervention outreach that works closely with Los Angeles County’s Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) to keep families intact by delivering the required furnishings, clothing and food to assure that their homes meet DCFS standards.
- Programs such as adult basic education, job skills training, and life skills counseling are also available to homeless families and individuals continue to establish The Dream Center as a vital community development resource.