The Josh Lindblom Foundation created the Answer the Call Program that began Opening Day, April 5, 2012.
As a pitcher sitting in the bullpen, the wait for the phone to ring is the opportunity to make an appearance and impact in a game situation. The opportunity to play baseball for a living is a platform that God has given us to make an impact the lives of those around us. We have realized our biggest call in life is to have a lasting influence, help provide opportunities, support dreams, and be a positive influence.
The Josh Lindblom Foundation is Answering the Call by helping the Los Angeles Dream Center, a charitable organization located less than 2 miles from Dodger Stadium, rescue people out of homelessness, poverty, addiction and trafficking.
Why the Los Angeles Dream Center?
Our goal this season is to help others “Answer Their Call.” This program correlated with a book we recently read written by Pastor Matthew Barnett titled The Cause Within You. After hearing about the Dream Center on KLOVE radio, touring the Dream Center, and meeting Pastor Matthew Barnett and Dream Center staff, we realized that this was the perfect ministry to begin our partnership with in the Los Angeles area.
The Dream Center offers a variety of programs, outreach and ministry opportunities. The services and programs offered include:
- Residential rehabilitation programs for teens and adults
- Shelter for victims of human trafficking
- Transitional shelter for homeless families
- Mobile hunger relief and medical programs
- Foster care intervention outreach that works closely with Los Angeles County’s Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) to keep families intact by delivering the required furnishings, clothing and food to assure that their homes meet DCFS standards.
- Programs such as adult basic education, job skills training, and life skills counseling are also available to homeless families and individuals continue to establish The Dream Center as a vital community development resource.
Their efforts are now impacting over 40,000 people each month, including community feeding and residential recovery programs.
We Invite you to Answer the Call with us and make a pledge this 2012 Baseball Season to raise awareness and funds for the Los Angeles Dream Center through the Josh Lindblom Foundation.